We've just released a new feature called "Questions." This feature will allow you to make sure you are receiving all necessary information from your customers upon checkout. Often times, the best use of this feature is for when you are gaging a person's experience level, what their pick up address is, or even what airline they are flying in on.
If you would like to add "Questions" to your check out process, you may do so on the "Details" tab of the specific offering, towards the bottom of the tab.
As your customers are adding their purchase to their cart, these questions will appear. They will not be able to complete their purchase until they've answered the question.
After a booking is placed, you will see the answers to these questions in four different places.
- New Booking Notification Emails
- Booking Details Page
- Printed Manifest
- Booking Edit Popup (accessed from the Dashboard/Manifest tab)
If you are looking to add these to your offerings, below you'll find some best practices to follow:
- Make the questions clear and concise. Since the answers can only be added in free form text, it is best to make sure the purchaser is aware of what you are asking. That will cut down confusion for you and your team when you receive their answers.
- Avoid "Yes or No" questions. It is best to guide the purchaser to answer the question in a way that is easy for your team to classify their responses. Rather than saying "Are you an experienced paddler?" you can phrase it, "How many years of paddling experience do you have?"
- This field is not a replacement for an agreement or a waiver form. OnceThere does not currently support attachments. If you need a customer to sign a waiver or fill out any forms prior to their arrival, please plan on reaching out the them via the email address they've provided.
We're always here to help, so please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team at email@example.com.